Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › HEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphones › Reviews › alphaphoenix's Review

Has no equal in this price range

A Review On: HEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphones

HEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphones

Rated # 6 in Universal Fit
Amazon.com
alphaphoenix

Pros: Details, Details, Details

Cons: Cable noise

I was lucky and grabbed these from another head-fier for $40.  I've owned many IEM's during my head-fi roller coaster ride.  I believe the only top tier universal IEM's I have not had the pleasure of owning is the UE triplefi10 and Ortofon E-Q7.  Throw the RE0 in the mix and is clear, I mean clear that this $79 retail IEM can play with the best in most areas and exceeds in others.

Similar to the review, if you're a basshead, stay far away from these.  However, if you fancied the Phonak PFE and was wowed by their clarity and detail, the RE0 brings up a few notches.  Detail freaks, buy these now, run and cherish them.  I rank them higher over the ER4S I use to own mainly because I never could get use to them jammed so far in my ear.  If you want bass and similar clear details look at the JVC-FX700.

Build quality is good.  From afar, they look very average and almost on the verge of cheap, but looks can be deceiving.  You have to hear the truth these magical IEM produce.  They deserve all the praise and accolades even at their once retail price of around $200.  I just love listening to my Pink Floyd tracks in FLAC and hear more details than before, it almost feels like magic.

Even at their current price of $79, like many claims before, the are no doubt a STEAL.  And yes, they benefit greatly being amped.

If you haven't tried these, you need to.  It's hard to believe they are dynamic drivers versus highest quality BA.

Comments: