Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › HEAD-DIRECT RE ZERO › HEAD-DIRECT RE ZERO Reviews

HEAD-DIRECT RE ZERO Reviews

TheGame21x

A liquid smooth midrange and added bass make this another one of the best values in portable audio

Pros: Velvety smooth midrange, Increased bass over the RE0, Crisp, detailed treble

Cons: Balanced plug will not work with the majority of amps/DAPs without an adapter, Slight sibilance in the vocals

Introduction First and foremost, a big thank you goes out to Fang at Head-Direct for sending me a sample of the RE-ZERO IEMs for review.   If you’ve been keeping up with Musical Musings, you’re probably well aware of my current love affair with the HiFiMan RE0 IEMs. They are the current crown jewel in my IEM/headphone collection and hardly a day goes by in which I don’t pop them into my ears for a listen.  With that in mind, when the HiFiMan RE-ZERO (yes, that is their name) IEMs were announced this year prior to the 2010 CanJam Head-Fi event that was held in early June in Chicago, I was understandably excited about them. Envisioned as a 1000-unit limited edition to commemorate...
bflatfinesse

Best IEMs

Pros: Clarity, Soundstage, Value

Cons: Can’t think of any right now

I am really happy with the sound quality of the RE Zero.  The bass is much improved over the RE 0, but still maintains the clarity and distortion- free quality that the RE 0 has.  Everything else about the sound quality is the same if not better.  The build quality is very solid, and the gunmetal finish is very good looking.  These headphones are great for a variety of genres, and I listen to everything from Alternative to Classical music.  Meany headphones have trouble portraying the complexity of large scale orchestral pieces, but the RE- Zeros handle everything just fine.  The 16 ohm impedance allows for easy use with portable players like i-pods,...
yooss

Outstanding, with/without considering the price.

Pros: Natural reproduction, very smooth midrange, enough bass, detailed treble, extreme comfort.

Cons: Balanced plug.....Sound can be improved, but I can't demand more considering the price.

Well, I'm new to headphones, and definitely not an audiophile...not yet!(planning to become one)   Previously owned AT's A500 and M50, and this IEM just blew everything away and made me sell these full sized phones. Their performance was very good, but the RE-Zero surpasses those cans in terms of SQ, comfort, and isolation.    Edit: That was my initial feeling when I got the phone. Now I miss the M50, but even if I get mine back, I don't think the M50 will get more love than my Zero out of me.   I do see some room for improvements, but this isn't even their flagship, so I can't really complain. The treble details can be a little more refined(although it is the best I've ever...
Gigawattz

Great earphones

Pros: Extremly good soundstage(You'll hear every tiny detail), airy and clear, balanced bass.

Cons: COULD have little more bass, but up to your own taste.

For the price of 75 USD I think they're really worth every buck. The soundstage is huge(I dare say, as good as, or better than my Sennheiser HD 595's soundstage). The sound is crispy and airy just the way I like it. It have some bass, but less bass than for example Sennheiser hd 595. It could have more bass for bass-heavy genres, but then again it would not be that balanced. A earphone can not have both supreme soundstage and in additon extremly punchy deep bass. Re-zero have very good soundstage, crispy and airy soundsignature and decent bass. If you would like a pair of earphones with more bass, be ready to sacrifice some of the soundstage and/or experience another soundsignature.
ppau0822

Excellent value!

Pros: Great mids. Good build quality

Cons: needs adapter

Keeping this short as better people then i have written great reviews on this but im basically iterating what they find.   Excellent use for a mobile Rig. Sound isolation is much better than i thought. good on the train and still easy to take out quickly. can cause some hiss with my desktop rig but that is expected with the lower impedance. excellent for classical western and Indian music!   Cheers