Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Dedicated Source Components › DACs › Head-Direct HiFiMan HM-101 › Reviews › Mp3robbo's Review

HM-101: Good, if you can tolerate the hiss

A Review On: Head-Direct HiFiMan HM-101

Head-Direct HiFiMan HM-101

Rated # 32 in DACs
Quality
Mp3robbo

Pros: Good sound quality, well designed, easy to use

Cons: That hiss!

I bought this sound card to replace the Realtek set-up in my laptop, and it does a pretty good job.

It's very small, it's easy to set-up, it provides powerful amplication, and has a much more accurate DAC than what is inbuilt in my laptop.

But that hiss! When I read reviews of this product I was aware of the fact that there was a slight hiss, but after testing this I think that those review understated greatly the amount of hiss that comes through this device. I find this hiss to annoy to use, and so I'm just using the inbuilt set-up on my laptop until I get a better amp. I don't know whether it's just the motherboard of my laptop causing the hiss to be so great, but honestly it's made this amp a waste of $50 for me.

However I would definitely recommend this product for anyone who can tolerate any hissing when there's little to no audio output from the device.

Comments: