Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones Reviews

Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones Reviews

Positive Reviews

keyguy22

Pleasently over-engineered (and surprisingly overlooked) début for H/K

Pros: Wide dynamic range, natural tone, fidelity, handsome casing, durable, class-leading

Cons: midrange can be too bright at times

When a name like Harmon Kardon announce a line of headphones, most people listen very carefully.  I'm on a tablet computerand don't have time for a full review, but these are great, and mark a very strong début for H/K into the saturated headphone market. I bought these on a whim (solely because I noticed they were H/Ks lol) but i dont regret it at all. The bass is very present and enveloping, though it never overpowers anything else. Lots of resolution and detail in the highs, a warm and clear middle section. Vocals really shine with the CLs. They are built entirely with metal and feature a very stylish and time-honored look. The memory foam ear pads are attached magnetically...

Negative Reviews

imagic

Underwhelming and uncomfortable, the CL is a study in style over substance. Might appeal to fans of bass-free music.

Pros: Detailed reproduction of the frequencies it does cover. Compact when stored. Attractive. Made of metal.

Cons: Incapable of reproducing bass. Uncomfortable if worn for more than fifteen minutes. Unwelcome iPhone controls.

In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off, which equals $99.    My first impression, upon opening the package, was of a quality product. The CL has a look and feel that makes it seem like the perfect match for an iPhone, iPod or iPad. They are such a good match, they may as well be Apple brand, instead of HK. Before I had a chance to listen, two things had to happen: I had to replace the headband—the package includes two sizes—and I had to let the headphones break-in, because it couldn't possibly be that they so totally lacked...