Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Computer Audio › Computer Speakers › Harman Kardon SoundSticks II 2.1 Plug and Play Multimedia Speaker System › Harman Kardon SoundSticks II 2.1 Plug and Play Multimedia Speaker System Reviews

Hawaiiancerveza

Sound Sticks II

Pros: Its nice and clear and detailed.

Cons: The bass isn't the best in the low end.

I just got these and am impressed with the detail and clarity of these speakers.  I only wanted something simple, small, and cheap.  I was looking at the swans but don't have the opportunity to listen to them here in hawaii.  We are pretty limited to whats available here and on Oahu is where they'd most likely have more options for me to listen to.  But back to the review.  I am currently using my iBasso D10 as an amp for these and...lol some people might say Im crazy but it gives a nice sound.  Straight from my Imac (older model) the sound card isn't the best so I figured i'd try out the D10 with the Sticks.  Well...the sticks first hand are detailed and clear but when I use my D10...
Frodo

Great for the Price

Pros: Look good, Sound good, They don't take up to much room on my desk.

Cons: Speaker positioning, no power off switch

I'm also on my second set of these speakers, I sold the first with my last computer and later regretted it. I use them with my iMac and they are perfect for that job, I mainly use them when I want a break from headphones. The only really issue I have is that speaker position needs to be very accurate to get the most from them, it seems that unless you are sat directly in front of them you loose a lot of detail from whatever you are listening to. But for the price they are excellent and I haven't found anything else in the same price bracket that is as well built and sounds as good.
skillfulperson

Sound stickes

Pros: Great look, good price, very good sound quality

Cons: sub doesnt seem to pick up very low bass, speakers are fragile and can split apart

Ive had 2 sets of these over the past 2 years, first set broke because i had a drink accident with the sub. as the first set of speakers i picked up after researching what to get i was sceptical on how good the sound quality would be. my computer only has on board sound card(crosshair extreme iv) but i was blow away at how good the sound quality was, and how crisp it was. obviously you are going to be able to find better speakers for a higher price but these are the best value ive seen, and are popular around many people. the design is very good looking with a clear and blue style. the 2 speakers can be volume controlled by 2 touch sensitive buttons, some visual reference for volume on...
A3elegance

Great for the Price

Pros: Stylish, Good Quality

Cons: Can't think of any

I bought these and use them around my room for personal listening. I don't have them hooked up to my computer, but just use my Zune directly plugged into them. The cord length is good and they've held up great for over a year. I listen to my music fairly loud at times, and have yet to hear any distortion. Great Bass, and very clear mids and highs. Very pleased. Great value.