Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Portable Amps › Graham Slee Voyager › Graham Slee Voyager Reviews

Graham Slee Voyager Reviews

RevC

A solid improvement

Pros: Sturdy, appreciable improvement in sq

Cons: Looks a bit utilitarian but that is all

I bought this to give my iPod (320Kps files) a boost and immediately noticed a difference. The sound became more relaxed and allowed more detail to percolate through. It seemed to take the rough edges off without making the sound mushy.   Since disposing of the iPod and moving to a Cowon X7 (FLAC files) I still hear improvements but maybe not as night-and-day as before. I use a variety of headphones and IEMs but I have not noticed anything significant between them using the Voyager, they all seem to benefit from having the amp in the signal path.   The amp itself is solidly constructed and feels like it could survive the tribulations of using it on the move. However it...
Farmer Giles

Great portable amp - don't let the looks put you off!

Pros: Brilliant soundstage, and transformational little amp.

Cons: Few

Can't say much about this except when compared to other amps I tried on my stock Denon D2000's this just stood a long way ahead of the others. The Solo gave a similar sound and nice mid range power, but the Voyager puts many others to shame. This really does need listening to... add it to your list to try. If you do - be prepared to buy it. The contour switch works well with my Sony NC headphones because the bass response is lacking - but you need to hear these on a flat response into D5000s or D2000s to hear what I mean. Have tried some Senns too, with mixed results.. the mid price cans seemed to get the best benefit, with the higher end stuff still sounding good, but with a less...