Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones Reviews

Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones Reviews

Nick01

Grado Statement GS1000iiiiiiiii

Pros: most comfortable Grado ever, unbelievablly beautiful bass, fantastic instrument separation, huge soundstage, clarity, details lovers rejoice

Cons: disgusting treble, disgusting treble, disgusting treble

COMFORT: Unlike the comfy pads, which people complain about itching, or ears getting hot and unlike the bowl pads, which cause pain on many people ears. The superbowl pads (or bagel pads) are supremely comfortable for one simple reason, they don't touch your ears at all, ok I lied...maybe they don't touch 98% of your ears  (unless you have really big ears). So no itching, no sweating, no pain. BASS: Sooooo good, just right, no thump thump thump like my Audio Technica A700, I would venture to call the bass as crisp. It's deep, full, and very detailed. Please try a few tracks from Armin Van Buuren to find out how crispy the bass is. MID: thin & hollow...
alexdemaet

Grado GS1000i

This is my third GS1000 and this time I will keep it for a longer time.   I wanted a bigger soundstage when I had a SR325i so I sold the SR325i to fund the purchase of a headfi GS1000i and I like the soundstage much more.   The GS1000i does not need a powerful amp and the Meier Audio Swing succeeds to drive it without using the high-gain switch at medium volume level (but the Squeezebox volume is almost at full).