Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Grado SR80i Headphones › Reviews › chickpea's Review

Definitely recommended

A Review On: Grado SR80i Headphones

Grado SR80i Headphones

Amazon.com
chickpea

Pros: Moderate Cost, excellent sound/price ratio, retro styling, decent build quality

Cons: A little uncomfortable for more than 2 hours listening sessions

First "audiophile" approved heaphones I purchased.  They have introduced me to subtleties in my music I never new existed.  I am now listening to a lot more music than before. From my fiio e7 they are perfectly powered and give just a fantastically rich, detailed sound. For anyone who is wondering what all this audiophile nonsense is about, buy these and get back to me if it really is all nonsense afterall.  I'm sure your opinion will have changed.

I like the retro look, some may not.  Not completely comfortable for long sessions, but not totally uncomfortable either.

They have a much more open soundstage than my Head Direct RE ZEROs.  Perhaps the RE ZEROs have a little crisper less sibilant highs and more distinct bass, but the sound of the SR80is is much more 3D in my opinion.

Comments: