Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Grado SR60i Headphones › Reviews › blufox4900's Review

Noob friendly headphones that'll suck you into audiophile zen

A Review On: Grado SR60i Headphones

Grado SR60i Headphones

blufox4900

Pros: Clarity. Rich mids. Easy to drive. VALUE!

Cons: Sound leakage. Comfort for glasses wearers

Let me just say that these are my very first set of high quality cans..ever and that I'm completely new to all of this. That being said, the Grado SR60i's have certainly changed the way I listen to music..probably forever! The first thing I noticed once I got used their sound signature was the rich mid tones where all the instruments and vocals shine. They weren't kidding when they say grados are king of rock, play some RHCP Stadium Arcadium lossless and prepare to be blown away.

These things are also pretty easy to drive. You can just plug them right away into your DAP without assistance. My sansa clip+ can drive these perfectly fine.

Oh and did I mentioned the incredible value?! Wasn't expecting this kind of quality for $80. I am a noob but I have gotten used to my brother's panasonic RP-HJE900 IEMs and these things are on par, at least to my ears. Your mileage may vary.

There are a few cons, though. First of all is the leakage. It certainly isn't as bad as most people make it out to be but it's something to take note of. People immediately next to you can hear what you're listening and the music can be heard in very quite rooms. That being said, they're not bad. These are, afterall, grados with an open design. It's just something you have to accept.

Another thing might just be me but sometimes after a while the headphones start to feel very uncomfortable..even painful due to the fact that I wear glasses. They put pressure onto the frame and they just dig into your ears. Easy fix is to just lift the glasses frame a bit above the ears and let the SR60i's hold them on and problem solved. Just something to take note of.

That being said, these things don't disappoint.

Comments: