Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Grado SR225i Headphones › Reviews › FlyinPigFetus's Review

Good Starter Headphone

A Review On: Grado SR225i Headphones

Grado SR225i Headphones

FlyinPigFetus

Pros: Great Value Sound Quality

Cons: Comfort, Build Quality

I previously owned a pair of Klipsch Image S4 earbuds after reading a review on C-Net about how good they sounded. After hearing music with the Klipsch I started to crave for a richer sound.

I came across head-fi and searched for the best cans in my price range.

There were two contenders it came down to the Grado SR225i and a pair of Sennheiser's for which model I can not recall.

After calling around local audio shops I finally found the Grados. They didn't have a display pair but the owner of the shop was nice enough to open a brand new pair for me to test out. I feel in love instantly.

The sound quality was like nothing I had heard at that point in my life (I've heard better now, but I was only a high school kid at the time and Dr. Dre "Beats" were considered amazing by most people my age).

So I bought them and never looked back.

For how worried I was about breaking the plastic things or ripping out the cord (the head pieces rotate in a full 360 degrees and I was always worried I'd over rotate one side too much a single way and it would snap off) they have held up more than a few years.

They still sound good for the money, I'd recommend them for any person who doesn't want to spend a crazy amount of money or invest in a full dac/amp setup.

Comments: