Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Grado SR225i Headphones › Reviews › keanex's Review

Disappointing For Me

A Review On: Grado SR225i Headphones

Grado SR225i Headphones

keanex

Pros: I honestly couldn't find much I liked about these.

Cons: Sound was boring, flat, uninspired.

I don't own these anymore and never properly reviewed them, here's a brief memory I had of them.

I bought these used on Head-Fi to satisfy my "need" for the Grado sound after selling my SR80i and buying the Ad700s. I soon after upgraded my Ad700s to Ad900s and still missed the "Grado sound." I was excited to try these, very excited. I was expecting a harsh, in your face sound that kicked my ears butts. What I got was boring.

The previous owner had claimed 20 hours of use so I let them play for 20 more hours before making judgement. As much as I tried I could not get into these headphones, especially when compared to my Ad900. I honestly felt my Ad900 were better in every aspect. Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, etc all sounded boring, no heart at all. I believe it has something to do, possibly with the stock cups, but I just didn't like these. After 30 hours they were back up for sale and I was disappointed.

I wish I could have captured the Grado sound I had missed from my SR80i, but it wasn't here.

Interesting. These are usually touted as the best Grado's for rock.
Yeah, that's why I was very disappointed. Many Grado users claim the pads have a huge effect on sound, perhaps the slight difference in distance away from the driver compared to the SR80i stock cause the discrepancy I heard. I didn't have pads to try out though and I wasn't going to buy any.
I honestly found nothing the SR225i did better than the AD900, not even close.