Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Grado SR125i Headphones › Reviews › sml1226's Review

My entry into Head-Fi

A Review On: Grado SR125i Headphones

Grado SR125i Headphones

sml1226
Posted · Updated · 16573 Views · 0 Comments

Pros: American made, agressive but clean

Cons: uncomfortable headband, scruffy? earpads

The bass is somewhat weak, but very well controlled. The SR125i is easily better than the SR80i, though I question how much of the clarity is due to the 8 conductor cable over the 80i's 4. Compared to the SR225 (non-i) I could not tell much, if any difference. The 225 did have the L pads, which, given my experience with the S, I wish I had tried. Outside of that, I believe the slight (very slight) improvement is probably partially due to the 225s metal grill. The plastic seems like it could be somewhat restrictive by comparison, though given that, a 125i and a bit of fun modding one of the most modder friendly headphones out there seems a better bet than a 225. The 225i may have convinced me otherwise, but the only other option in store at the time (besides the 80i, 125i, and 225) was an RS 2, which I didn't even try due to fear I'd like it and not be able to afford it.

Comments: