Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Grado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphones › Reviews › cornfruit's Review

I always come back.

A Review On: Grado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphones

Grado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphones

cornfruit

Pros: buttery mids, energetic highs, punchy bass

Cons: long-term comfort

My first set of "premium" cans were the Grado SR80's, driven from an old classic iPod. As you can expect, I was blown away by the sound quality compared to those little white earbuds.

I've tried other headphones in the $200 range including AKG K271's, UE triple.fi's universal IEM, and my latest set, the Beyerdynamic DT990-600.

To my ears, all non-Grado phones lack a certain warmth in the mids. The DT990's in particular, probably due to their strong treble and bass, seemed lacking in the midrange. Thanks to HF's classifieds I found a pair of Grado 325's for the right price and all I can say is that I forgot what I was missing.

For my money, you'll never find a closer, airier sound from acoustic recordings. Electric rock sounds incredible too, you'll hear every cymbal crash and fretboard whine.

nice review :D
how do these compare to the HD598 in terms of midrange?
Never tried the HD598 or any of the better Senns.
Thank you for your review.  I am looking to upgrade my entry level Sennheiser HD-555's.  I too like warmth in the mid range which is what I find appealing in the descriptions of the Grado's in general and in the SR325i's in particular.  Comfort though too is important to me.  I ordinarily have trouble finding hats that fit, so I am still evaluating the comfort afforded by the Grado's.