Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Grado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphones › Reviews › Racer24's Review

Versatile Responsive Cans with an Amazing Sound Signature

A Review On: Grado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphones

Grado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphones

Racer24

Pros: Best sound and definitely worth upgrading from the 225is

Cons: slight slippage in the fit when I wear them for an extended period

The Grado SR-225i was my first real pair of "audiophile" headphones and I loved them to death. In a foolish fit last month, I traded them away. After trader's regret set in I found a pair of goldie 325is that had been modded with detachable cables and screw fasteners to keep the headphones from sliding down. I must say the goldie 325is are heavier but not in an obtrusive way, this sounds cliche but you can "feel the quality" as opposed to their little plastic brother the 225i. I loved the 225is but I'm really blown away by the difference between the two models. The 325i goldies are really remarkable with a better low end, more brilliant/clear highs and, in my opinion, the best sound signature. These only confirm I've got to keep working to get those GS1000s--they're the most beautiful looking headphones available. A+ Joe Grado, as always. One of these days maybe I'll be able to afford your top end!

Couldn't agree more. One interesting point I'd like to make is that, IMO, the 325is hits something of a "sweet spot" between the lower-end Grados (no slouches there, especially for the price) and the higher-end models. I'm not saying 'phone like the RS1000 don't have their particular sonic charms (provided both source and amplification are up to snuff...GIGO and all that), or aren't worth the money, but if you can "only" stretch to the 325is, I certainly wouldn't lose much sleep over the pricier numbers.
Others have made a similar recommendation regarding that sound quality given the price sweet spot which happens to be financially feasible for me too.