Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Grado RS 2i › Grado RS 2i Reviews

Grado RS 2i Reviews

kite7

Sounds like a refined Prestige series headphone in wood body but not quite at the level of a RS1

Pros: Good highs like the RS1, the Grado PRaT, price

Cons: Midrange a little thin sounding, can be a bit bright compared to RS1

Note: Impressions based on using new bowl pads as worn in bowl pads can change the sound significantly.   RS2i reminds me of the SR125 I once had, bright and not as full bodied sounding as the RS1. My first impression was that it sounded quite detailed then I realized it is because the bass presence is not as strong as the RS1 so I was a little fooled at the beginning. It is not any less aggressive than what you'd expect from a grado headphone.   I will be comparing against a buttonless RS1 (not RS1i or RS1e) for this quick review using bowl pads.   Highs: Pretty much right up there with the RS1, well extended and detailed. It doesn't sound less refined. I could not...
BigEar

Best sound per $?

Pros: Dynamic, micro details, speed, easy to drive

Cons: Expensive in Europe, with standard pads not very suitable for longterm listening

Bought these as demo's here in the Netherlands for 430 Euro (list price 595 Euro which is a bloody rip-off compared to the $495 they cost you in the US (= approx. 375 Euro).   What I like most of these is their live-like, open sound character. They are easy to drive which is great as they can be used directly with an ipod. However, you will not get to their full potential that way. Switching to a Cowon J3 was a big step forward in sound and using a better amp like the Rudistor RPX-100 will give you another boost, especially in the treble, which can sound a bit harsh without good amplification. Bass is very solid and dry although it does not reach...
Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Grado RS 2i › Grado RS 2i Reviews