Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Grado Reference RS2 Headphones › Grado Reference RS2 Headphones Reviews

Grado Reference RS2 Headphones Reviews

cs098

Fun and engaging (rs2e)

Pros: Gorgeous hand crafted design, transparent mids, intimate vocals, sparkly clear highs, deep detailed bass, very open sounding, easy to drive

Cons: Lacks bass impact, lacks subbass, grattles and looses control in higher volumes, uncomfortable

*note this is actually a rs2e review* Shame head fi doesn't have a product page for it*     Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure this is the cheapest wood headphone you can buy (well maybe the OG rs2). And it's beautiful. But does it sound as good as it looks?  TLDR: Yes it does, but not for all genres and not at high volumes.   Unboxing Pros: Simple packaging, easy to unbox Cons: Pizza box!!!, not many accessories   Ah the classic grado pizza box. Maybe it’s ridiculous, but it’s easy to unbox and that’s pretty much what you should expect for all grados.   1/3   Burn in Pros: 95% of the burned in sound Cons: none You pretty much get 95%...
nw879

Grado Labs RS2e Review

Pros: Intimacy, sharpness and clarity of sound - outstanding for acoustic and vocal music. Visually unique, an impactful pair of headphones.

Cons: Horribly uncomfortable ear pads. Sharpness of the sound is an acquired taste.

I recently bought a pair of RS2e headphones, stepping up in price from the SR325e model with its lower spec and heavier aluminium casing.  My reference point for comparison of the sound quality is against Sennheiser's HD650, which are a foundation of my headphone stable.  The comparisons were done in short order, although there was a bit delay as I had to switch the gain settings up for the Sennheisers given that they have much higher impedance than the Grados, which ran fine on low gain settings.   Unboxing and handling   The visual presentation, once you get past the pizza box packaging (which I don't really mind at all - it just gets discarded anyway), is...
WhiteCrow

My Audio Nirvana

Pros: Great sound, Detailed, Resolution, Warm,

Cons: Pads are stiff right now.

Wow...where to start, as I said this is MY Audio Nirvana. I suppose I should start by saying that I love the Grado sound, or at least I thought I did as I had only tried the sr80i and bought them and the 225i and was underwhelmed by the price to performance. The signature of the sr80i was a fantastic fit for me but I HATED  the high end. The Grado RS-2 were some what of a shock to me thinking the Grado sound was very in your face and Bright, with NO bass and a sibilant high end. The RS-2 are not at all like that in fact I think the 325is start to capture the house sound rather well but are still fathoms below the Vintage RS-2's.   Build: Well the 325is I fell are built...