Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Grado Labs SR325 Black (Vintage) › Grado Labs SR325 Black (Vintage) Reviews

Grado Labs SR325 Black (Vintage) Reviews

kite7

The best Grado I have ever owned

Pros: Airy highs, impactful bass, smooth midrange.

Cons: Heavy

This is the best grado I have owned and I put these about any RS1i/RS1e and RS1 I have heard (I didn't hear the pink driver RS1 yet).    The SR325 was purchased in 1995, SR125 roughly 1997   First thing I will talk about is the bass not because I'm a bass head but because there is a very big difference between the two that even words can't quite seem to describe correctly and precisely.   Bass: When I first put on the SR325 for the first time, it didn't seem that much more bassy but at the time it was only for a minute at most which is not enough to make a valid impression at all. I listened to them for awhile then I stepped down to the SR125 , all of the a...
tinseljim

Best of the 325s

Pros: Not as harsh as the newer 325i models. Amazing bass without overwhelming the mids and/or highs. King's X sound amazing with them...

Cons: Very slight mid-bass hump that adds a miniscule amount of mud when using the flats.

These are great headphones. They are fun sounding and prog metal particularly sounds good. Actually all rock as well. The bass is definitely there and you can feel it. The soundstage is wide for a Grado! Highs aren't as harsh as the newer 325 models. Just an all round great headphone.    Only complaint is that with flats on they can be just a smidgeon muddy sometimes, with bowls it's not a problem but you lose some bass.    They're also easy to drive.