Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Grado iGrado Headphones

Grado iGrado Headphones

Rated #124 in On-Ear

Pros: Balanced, Natural Sound, Good Bass, Excellent highs. Very affordable

Cons: Leaks a lot of sound, Not the most comfortable

My initial thoughts when I saw the iGrado was of disappointment. They do not have the cool retro look which other Grados have, and I am not a fan of a neckband, however, once I brushed that aside and got listening my disappointment soon turned to excitement. These cans sounds spectacular for £55. The iGrados have such a fantastic balanced and natural sound, there is a wide soundstage and the imagery they give is great. The bass is good, it is not overpowering but it is substantial for an open-back. Sound-wise the only flaw I have picked up on is that the mids can occasionally sound a little muffled.

The neckband tends to squeeze into my skull a little which over time becomes a touch annoying but the pads fit over my ears perfectly and the over the ear clips fit too. I saw the reviewer above said that the cord was too short. I don't find this problem, with the player in my pocket, the chord easily reaches my head.

These are clearly on-the-go cans but the amount of sound that leaks from the open-back design may get you some funny looks on the tube. They are great for running though, with the neckband design if you run fast enough the sound leakage won't matter.

The price tag for these is almost unbelievable, in my opinion, they put many £200 cans (the likes of Beats et al) to shame, Grado has once again shown that it is possible to make brilliant headphones at affordable prices.

Pros: Great price and quality

Cons: Flimsy cord

Initially, I was very pleased with the sound from such a bargain pair. Bought them to use at work. Very quickly decided they would be nearly useless except with a shirt pocket iPod, as the cord is so very short. After one week of use, the cord parted at the headset, and the headphones have remained unusable to this day. Scarcely worth returning to pay for the repair. The headphones have stayed in my stereo cabinet ever since, as a reminder of "Caveat Emptor."

Grado iGrado Headphones

"iGrado" street style headphone is designed specifically for the portable electronics market. Its goal is to serve as a street style headphone that will sonically outperform anything currently available in the low-end portable market.The "iGrado" is functionally stylish, lightweight and comfortable. By incorporating the same drivers used in Grado's highly regarded SR60 headphones, Grado Labs can proudly state that it is indeed "the high end choice in the low end market." The "iGrado" features a behind the neck headband that is comfortable and stylish. Grado Labs have indeed kept the highly praised Grado "sound" at a price point that is within reach of all. Truly, this is musical reality for the iWorld!

BindingElectronics
BrandGrado
ColorBlack
EAN0411378015730
FeatureSoft, virtually weightless foam ear cups
Height2 inches
PublisherGrado Labs
StudioGrado Labs
TitleGrado iGrado Headphones
UPC411378015730
Special FeaturesEnjoy your music in style with these iGrado headphones, featuring a street style design, 3.6ft cord length and earpad couplers.
Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Grado iGrado Headphones