Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor Headphone › German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor Headphone Reviews

German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor Headphone Reviews

grizzlybeast

More than does the job.

Pros: tight solid bass, nice mids and highs, can't find any flaws right now sound wise.

Cons: Looks maybe. But it looks good on me.

Build: 10/10 Sturdiest pair of headphones I have ever bought. You would be hard pressed to find a better build despite its mostly plastic parts. They may look cheap at a glance but in person they do not. Very well planned build.  Also for those who like high listening volumes you can expect them not to fry easily.    Comfort: 7.5/10 These do clamp decently but I actually prefer that so this part is subjective just as well as all others. The pads are soft but not deep. I do not have a trustworthy perspective here because I find most headphones comfortable. They are not heavy and I do find them a little more comfortable than the he-400. Ears get a little warm. With a...
AmberOzL

Best Neutral Sounding Closed HP ever

Pros: Literally everything about it.

Cons: For a comfortable use you have to get used to it but then it is wonderful.

Don't forget that also when you purchase them from German MAESTRO online shop, you can get a 'free' cable or jack modification done by German MAESTRO itself.   Best money ever spent in my whole life. For the ones who wants neutral sound and closed acoustic, you can not get better than these HPs. Also I assure you, these headphones would survive judgment day. Buy it and your grandson will use it years and years later. Now they become signature of me, wherever I go, they are with me.   Ps: I will improve this review but nowadays I am incredibly busy with my master exams. In February I will try to give a more detailed review with the photos I will take.
Marleybob217

German Maestro GMP 8.35 D

Pros: Fantastic sound quality, Isolation, comfort.

Cons: Heavy cable

Intro After trying a bunch of closed headphones like the Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80 ohm, Sennheiser HD25-1 II, Shure SRH840 and also the Shure SE225 IEMs I was never really satisfied. Either the sound quality wasn't good enough, which was the case with the DT770's and the HD25-1's, or the fit was completely wrong like with the SRH840. I have the Sennheiser HD650 and a pair of Mackie MR8 mkII studio monitors, and I'm very satisfied with the sound these systems give me. I love music, and playing the drums is my passion.   Pics or it didn't happen:             Review The HD25-1 II failed to deliver which is why I started...
shaun_g

GermanMeastro GMP 8.35D Review

Pros: Clear and accurate sound, good sound isolation, built to last forever

Cons: Utilitarian design will not win any fashion awards

The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D (and it's higher impedance relation the German Maestro GMP 8.300 D) are without doubt the toughest headphones I have come across.  German Maestro call them "nearly indistructable" and I agree!   Sound quality is very nicely balanced.  Bass response is rich, with accurate and precise trebles.  The GMP 8.35 D and 8.300D are both serious audio monitoring tools that are refined and insightful. This is a reference quality headphone that is suitable for studio, home Hi-Fi or portable applications.  At a push you could hook up the relatively low impedance GMP 8.35 D to a portable audio player and take them out on the street. If...