Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Gemini HSR1000 Studio Reference Headphone › Reviews › LaPierre's Review

Not bad, solid <100$ headphone.

A Review On: Gemini HSR1000 Studio Reference Headphone

Gemini HSR1000 Studio Reference Headphone

LaPierre

Pros: value, build quality, neutral, isolation

Cons: tight fit for my big head

I got these off a friend for 40$, they go new for about 60 - 70$. The driver appears to be of Audio Technica origin and the fact it's 53 mm, which makes my guess a lot more likely. Sound-wise it's a bit artificial but expansive sounding for a closed headphone, changing the pads helps make it sound less artificial. Comfort is alright, they're not as heavy as my T50rp II and are a little heavier than my ATH-M35s and they're kind of large but adjust just enough to fit my head, which is subjectively on the larger side. They're very easy to drive with my Schiit Magni, and I notice when I turn the knob past halfway there's a very large amount of noise so I'm assuming that either these headphones have a high noisefloor or they're overly sensitive. They're really loud at 1/3 of the Magni and they've got a flat if not basslight sound which isn't bad but leaves you wanting a bit, if you're me. The cable is coiled like an old fashion telephone and is a bit short and obnoxious, but who really cares at this price. The construction is seemingly solid and some parts are even made of metal. I'd recommend them for anyone looking for a closed headphone under 100$.

Comments: