Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Gemini HSR1000 Studio Reference Headphone › Gemini HSR1000 Studio Reference Headphone Reviews

Gemini HSR1000 Studio Reference Headphone Reviews

Shelvo

Excellent First Purchase

Pros: open, warm sound; quite balanced

Cons: weird issues with too much bass in the left ear in the first few minutes of use; may just be a nuance of my particular product

The Gemini HSR1000 Studio Reference Headphones are my first foray into high-quality sound. They are quite easy to drive; so far I have tried them using my laptop, a desktop computer with a dedicated Creative sound card, my bookshelf stereo, and a portable music player. All gave equally impressive results, though the portable music player was not able to push the volume as high (but high enough for even those who like their music loud). I initially had an odd problem where they was way too much bass in the left ear during about the first half hour of use, but everything seems to have balanced out now (that, or I've gotten used to it). Having been exposed to the headphone's exaggerated...
LaPierre

Not bad, solid <100$ headphone.

Pros: value, build quality, neutral, isolation

Cons: tight fit for my big head

I got these off a friend for 40$, they go new for about 60 - 70$. The driver appears to be of Audio Technica origin and the fact it's 53 mm, which makes my guess a lot more likely. Sound-wise it's a bit artificial but expansive sounding for a closed headphone, changing the pads helps make it sound less artificial. Comfort is alright, they're not as heavy as my T50rp II and are a little heavier than my ATH-M35s and they're kind of large but adjust just enough to fit my head, which is subjectively on the larger side. They're very easy to drive with my Schiit Magni, and I notice when I turn the knob past halfway there's a very large amount of noise so I'm assuming that either these...