Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones Reviews

Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones Reviews

Showing 4 4-star reviews (see all 7 reviews)

jibzilla

Th-600 is a winner

Pros: Comfort, great bass, even better treble, electronic master

Cons: cable is a bit too long

If you can get the th-600 for it's street price of less then $900 you did well. You give up some of the d7k fun for allot of th-600 refinement. Mids are faster and not as recessed as d7k. Bass hits a little less hard than the d7k, but the bass is cleaner and more controlled. The treble is less peaky and harsh than the d7k. If you liked the d7k back in the day then you will love the th-600 today. Are they worth the $1299 retail, no. But like the d7k there are lots of street price deals, some below $800 now. The review I'm giving is based off the $850 deal I got off PJ back in late july/ early august.
Quadpatch

Black Monster!

Pros: Great Detail, Epic Bass, Not Harsh, Pretty Neutral, Very Exciting

Cons: Non-removeable cable, a bit expensive.... that's about it

I just posted this review on my blog, which also has a review of the TH-900s   Disclaimer: A big thank you to SCV London for loaning me the TH600 for this review. When I reviewed the high-end Fostex TH-900 last December I compared it to the discontinued Denon flagship because it came from the same 'Foster Electronics' design (despite being about half the price). The TH600 also borrows the same design, but brings a sleek and modern looking matte black metal look to the cups. This matches the rest of the frame nicely and this new model is priced much more closely to the old Denon Flagship (which had a £900 RRP).  The box of...
UNIFi

A Solid high end entry by Fostex - but not without its problems

Pros: Soundstaging size, instrument seperation, openess, sub bass rumble, comfort

Cons: sharp and somewhat harsh treble, somewhat receeded mid range

Introduction   As this is my first review on headfi I think I'll give a little background information before getting into the review. Before getting the TH600 I had experienced the HE400, HD600, DT880 and D2000 and was ready to make the next step up in the headphone world. I purchased these secondhand for roughly $750 overall, they go for about a grand here in Australia. As far as my sound preferences go, I can find something to like in most headphones I've tried and I've been able to identify their weaknesses for me personally. The TH600 has been with me for 3 weeks of constant listening.   Packaging, build quality, Isolation/leak and comfort   When you get the...