Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Fostex T20RP mkII › Fostex T20RP mkII Reviews

Fostex T20RP mkII Reviews

GREQ

Phenomenal if you can mod it properly.

Pros: Value for money and excellent comfort

Cons: Modding required for sound and comfort, ugly :)

Disclaimer: This review is based entirely on a properly modded T20RP MKII - modded by headfier bluemonkeyflyer that I received as part of a trade. (the price listed is based only on the price of a stock T20RP MKII)   I'll keep this review brief because most of the more complex information regarding T20RP/T50RP mods can be found elsewhere, so I won't be discussing it.   List of audio mods: - card treble reflector - rock wool damping - paxmate lattice - very small bass port/vents (most vents covered)   Comfort/audio mods: -Shure 840 ear pads   Comfort mod: - DIY leather comfort strap     Comfort is up there with the...
SanjiWatsuki

An Inexpensive Intro to Orthos and Modding

Pros: Performance to value ratio, modding potential, clarity and speed

Cons: Modding can be time consuming, awkward n-shaped FR without modding, I still encountered what I felt was rolled off highs post-mods.

Introduction: I first wrote this review around the end of December 2011. Ever since then, the modded T20RP has become my headphone of choice. I've used them pretty much every day since then. I've added some retrospective comments that around coming around 4 1/2 months after my initial impressions.     Comfort: The T20RP has a relatively low clamping force with pretty wide pads which fit my ears very snugly. The pads and clamping force didn't bother me, but the headphones were still clamped tight enough to be secure. The headband isn't the most comfortable thing in the world on top of your head, but I don't notice it much. The Fostex headphones, however,...