Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Focal Spirit Professional › Focal Spirit Professional Reviews

Focal Spirit Professional Reviews

Positive Reviews

dan.gheorghe

Very good, very detailed and energetic closed headphone. Very good for studio use.

Pros: Fast and punchy bass, very good details, very good transients, good transparency, good soundstage, well built

Cons: Very good for studio use, but may get a little tiresome after a while for non professional use

Hello everybody,   I have been waiting for this for a while now. The first headphone from Focal, the Spirit One  impressed me very much with their unique sound.   From that moment on I was really curious to see what Focal will come up with next in the headphone department.   Well, the time has come, as I have both new models from Focal on my desk, the Focal Spirit Classic and Spirit Professional.     The review was dedicated mostly to the Focal Spirit Classic, and you can find it here.   I will extract the piece that was describing the Spirit Professional:   Both headphones come with a gold plated...

Negative Reviews

Dreyka

An excellent sounding headphone with some poor design choices

Pros: Sound is exceptional. Detailed, great imaging, great bass and sounds as if it were close to neutral.

Cons: This is an on-ear headphone and not an over-ear headphone.

Sound   First off, I do need to stress these sound excellent. Excellent clarity, great bass, fun and a neutralish sound that is enjoyable for long-term listening. I think they need a bit more treble but I can certainly see how many people think the treble is there in just the right amount.   However, the real let down is the many design choices that really harm this headphone.   On-ear or Over-ear?   For the average ear these are on-ear headphones not over-ear. The ear cavity is far too small to fit the average ear inside. The ear pads also take up half the potential space. Inner cup dimensions: 48mm x 38mm   The pads are glued on. They can be...