Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Final Audio Design FI-BA-SS › Reviews › tomscy2000's Review

My Precioussssssss!

A Review On: Final Audio Design FI-BA-SS

Final Audio Design FI-BA-SS

Rated # 134 in Universal Fit
tomscy2000

Pros: My Precious!

Cons: Sneaky little hobbitses.

We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious.

They cursed us. Murderer they called us. They cursed us, and drove us away. And we wept, Precious, we wept to be so alone. And we only wish to catch fish so juicy sweet. And we forgot the taste of bread... the sound of trees... the softness of the wind. We even forgot our own name. My Precious.

lol :D Nice review indeed :)
haha thanks... I hope the review reflected the fact that I'm utterly, irrationally obsessed with this earphone, so much so that I cannot even explain why!
Can you describe the sound a bit more?
I'm actually about to buy it and I was hoping to get some actual opinion on it xD
Overall signature: bright, but with warm mids, slightly sibilant/harsh, but with the right tips, goes away. Beautiful open presentation with exquisite sparkle --- this is the best part about this earphone. Extremely hiss prone (prima donna-like). With the right tips, it has great bass texture. Above average bass speed/tightness, but not the absolute best. Very shiny chrome finish means you're afraid to scratch it. Housings, being machined stainless steel, are kind of heavy. Must experiment with many tips to find the best sound for you. Honestly, people like James444 and ljokerl do a very comprehensive job of describing this earphone. I admit, I don't listen to it very often --- I only pull it out once every couple of weeks, but when I do, it always makes me happy.
It's a bit of a love/hate type of earphone --- those that love it, love it. Those that don't, well, they'll concede that it sounds clear, but that they weren't impressed with it at all, and that it's overpriced. Don't get it for a value proposition, obviously. It's not practical, and the casing material construction alone is expensive. Get it because it's special.
 What strange reviews these earphones elicit...
Well I just bought one. Hopefully I won't turn into a golem