Good for the money and beginners

A Review On: FiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifier

FiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifier

Rated # 3 in Amp/DACs
Quality
Deathdeisel

Pros: Cheap, good overall quality, durability

I bought this little device a long time ago and have never done a review on it. Surprising.

Sound quality is quite good, it wont beat dedicated desktop setups, but in reality its a very small difference between them. E7 vs My 2012 Macbook Air is easily noticeable. Even if im not paying attention, the air has a good amount of feedback when playing or just having my earbuds in. Its noticeable on all of my headphones. The fiio sounds completely silent up until 50+ volume on my sensitive IEMs. And at that point your at noise deafening volumes, I accidentally plugged my IEMs in when the volume was at 60, never made that mistake again. Seriously was worried I had destroyed my IEMs and my ears.

Bass presets are nice, but anything past 2 just sounds artificial, fake and really boomy. At 1 bass is slightly distorted, but only when A/B testing it with it on and off and looking for it. And this is coming from a basshead. Would I buy it again? Yep, simply because even though ive replaced it and the E9 combo from my desktop I can still use it on the go.

The chassis is good overall too, aluminum body with plastic screen, stainless steel buttons feel good and press firmly with a noticeable click. Also comes with a screen protector, Ive applied it and its held up okay too.

To those beginners or audiophiles on a budget, this is a very good buy imo. Is there better? Maybe, im not sure.

Comments: