Fiio E7 Review

Rated # 3 in Amp/DACs
Quality
sdhobbs
Posted · 28901 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Price, quality, sound, versatility,long battery life,small size

Cons: None

web pic1.jpg

I Love this product!  I currently use it at work and home as a USB DAC for my computer. I aslo use it on the go with my iphone via a Fiio's LOD3 cable.  It sounds great from all my sources!  I currently only use it with my Earsonic SM3's IEM's. But what's so cool is that in the future if I want to get power hungry full size cans for home use all I have to do is get Fiio's E9 desktop amp which has a port for the E7 and i'm all set!

The E7 is completely silent, no hiss whatsover.  It has a smooth non-colored high end sound, I don't even find the need to EQ my source when i'm plugged into the E7.  The bass boost is cool, although I don't use it with my SM3's, but it's nice to know it's there in case I get bass light phones.  The build quality is top notch, works on any computer I connect it to, never had a problem with it.  Battery life is insane.  Great job Fiio!!

1 Comment:

I ordered one, but I wonder if it is possible to use the DAC with a portable cd drive and if this bring advantage over an ordinary cd player like say a Sony D-NE241? I hope that FiiO will build a cd drive or player to high end standards in alu and not plastic like all todays players( at least those still on the market) but I think there will always remain a market for these players just as there is one for turntables. I have a collection of almost 2000 cd´s, so I won´t change to any other system,so I hope one day...