Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Portable Amps › Fiio E6 Headphone Amplifier › Fiio E6 Headphone Amplifier Reviews

Fiio E6 Headphone Amplifier Reviews

Showing 3 3-star reviews (see all 14 reviews)

TheGame21x

Good for the Price, But Only Just

Pros: Compact, Two bass boost settings, Decent audio quality

Cons: Build quality downgrade, Low power output, Bass boost a little overbearing

The evolution of the E5 portable amplifier that served as my very first portable amplifier before I eventually returned it in favor of the CMoyBB (and because the volume rocker broke), the Fiio E6 is, in some ways, little more than a sidegrade or de-evolution from the E5 as a total product. For instance, the E6 is now clad in shiny black plastic rather than the metal and plastic housing of the E5 and also lacks the sturdy metal clip of the E5, instead opting for a transparent plastic clip which, frankly, isn’t as good. In terms of sound quality, it actually sounds rather good for an amplifier as inexpensive as it is. It has a warm, smooth sound that, while prone to...
egosumlux

Not so good for very efficient headphones

Pros: Really light and efficient

Cons: Can clip the soudstage

I bought this little guy for I could not bear the V-MODA Crossfade LP Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone (Gunmetal Black) sound signature (everybody makes mistakes right?). While they are the most comfy headphones I got, the bass overshadowed every part of the mids. They also eat a lot of battery power for a 32 ohms headphone. Luckily I could survive this purchasing mistake due to the help of the little FIIO E6 which I bought after some research for its EQ options and the possibility of using a FiiO L3 Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone so no battery will be drained from the power hungry V-Modas. I found that the third setting, the blue colored led option boosted the...
SanjiWatsuki

An Entry Level Performer

Pros: Decent audio performance, great form factor

Cons: Annoying high pitch whine while charging sometimes, didn't feel too durable and mine broke.

The Fiio E6, in all honesty, fulfilled basically my portable amp needs. It has more voltage output than my portable media players. It fit very nicely in my pocket. From a portable usability standpoint, it was great.   My main issues were from attempting to use it as a temporary desktop amp. One thing is that, although it can charge and play at the same time, it was obviously not designed to do so. There would be common high pitched whines in the music when it did this. Furthermore, the battery charges at seemingly random points when it is left plugged in and would wear out the battery over time. Although it was usable as a stopgap desktop amp, it was very poor at doing that...