Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Amp/DACs › FiiO E18 KUNLUN Android Phone USB DAC & AMP › FiiO E18 KUNLUN Android Phone USB DAC & AMP Reviews

FiiO E18 KUNLUN Android Phone USB DAC & AMP Reviews

CasperBxl

Great device, flexible usage, nice looking

Pros: flexible usage, android integration, sound level and quality, size & weight

Cons: additional device (carry, charge)

Hi all,     Cost Clarification:    FIIO E18 on Amazon.fr: 159,00€    FIIO L9 Cable on Amazon.fr: 18,13€     TIP: 1st buy the E18, take it to the Phone shop, try the devices they sell.        Many modern high-end phones support it without extra software, BUT MANY DO NOT support Audio USB OTG!!        Check the list on the FIIO website + try on the phones you would consider.     Kit, so you know where I come from:    Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 Ohm    AKG K551 38 Ohm    Pioneer DJE-2000 in-ear's      iPod Classic...
MarvyMarvy

fiio e18 amp/dac

Pros: Powerful amp with low distortion and many uses good sound quality

Cons: not compatible with most android devices without usb audio player pro app

This is my first review on head fi so here we go. So I bought the fiio e18 to use with my Samson sr850 headphones and my Toshiba excite pure tablet and I must say I am enjoying every moment of my music with this device. Although I had to buy USB audio player pro to use it because my tablet does not support audio to USB out it was well worth it. With this device I can turn up the volume when I need it and use the bass boost for fun and it also gives my Samson's a major push which is something my tablet could not do.  I use 320 kbps music and I listen to mostly dubstep and with this amp/DAC my music has never sounded the same. For the price I think it is well worth it for starter...
bowei006

Well perfoming device with lots of features

Pros: Lots of features, great build, neutral sound, bass boost, Android support

Cons: Sonic deficencies, I/O clutter, plastic top bezel, awkward usability depending on usage

Introduction: FiiO has come a long way in recent years – quickly developing and releasing well-valued products – with its line of amps and DACs. Today, we have one of the newest additions to the FiiO family; the E18 Kunlun. FiiO’s Kunlun is designed as a computer and Android-device USB-DAC and portable-amplifier. At $160, can the E18 perform its duty?   Unit Build: There are a million ways to describe a FiiO – good sounding being a common one – but having a sexy build always is one of the first. The E18 uses the stealthy milled-aluminum look of the E12, in addition with a top control bar surrounded by a silver strip.   The silver strip, build-edges, and control-panel plate...