Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Amp/DACs › FiiO E17 › Reviews › SandvichDISH's Review

What a difference it makes

A Review On: FiiO E17

FiiO E17

Rated # 1 in Amp/DACs
Quality
SandvichDISH

Pros: Sounds 100 times better than onboard audio, portable, built in equalizer, nice interface.

Cons: None that I can think of

Well, this is my first amp and DAC, but I can tell you that if you have some decent headphones and are just plugging it straight in your PC, you're doing it terribly wrong!

It just sounds so much better with this lil' guy.

I got it with the cable to connect it to your iPod so that I can have awesome audio on the road too.

Maybe it'd be nice to be able to equalize the mids too, but you can just lower the treble and bass to raise the mids, technically.

I have a quick question on these, so basically my laptop headphone jack got busted. So with this would I be able to essentially just hook it up through the usb and connect it with my headphones? And if so how much better does it sound when compared to the computers built in sound card? Sorry for the dumb questions I'm sort of a noob.
Yeah, you plug it in, and it's ready to go. This device is not perfect (i hate its clicking and it could be more powerful), but surely it's a huge improvement over generic built-in audio chips.