Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Portable Amps › FiiO E11 › Reviews › Triphead's Review

What a difference!

A Review On: FiiO E11

FiiO E11

Rated # 2 in Portable Amps
Quality
Triphead
Posted · 35955 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Lovely smooth sound for hardly any money. (£40)

Cons: Volume knob isn't properly fixed to the potentiometer spindle; it has a little bit of "give".

Well, "impressive" doesn't even come close...

I have a Sony NWZ-X1050 which sounds awesome through my car stereo, my home stereo and, of course, the noise-cancelling earbuds that came with it. The problem is that I don't like earbuds.

The only pair of working 'phones in the house at the moment is a pair of Sennheiser PX200 cans. These are renowned for having very little deep bass and, because they're so small, the isolation is practically non-existent.

Not any more! I amped them through the E11 and now, not only are they loud enough to drown out any extraneous external noise, but they actually have whump and rumble! They have some bass at last, and very smooth it is too.

I wish the weekend would hurry up and get here - I can't wait to go out and get some proper cans...

My only gripe with the E11 is that the volume knob has a little bit of slippage on its spindle, though because of the design of the case, it isn't going to fall off, so I can put up with it.

[EDIT] I've since purchased a FiiO L5 LOD Cable to go with the amp. It's very nicely put together, too. It has nice thick cable, and both plugs feel solidly attached.

1 Comment:

Makes me not regret my decision to buy. (ordering tomorrow)