Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Etymotic Research HF3 › Reviews › peskypesky's Review

capable of surprisingly good sound

A Review On: Etymotic Research HF3

Etymotic Research HF3

Rated # 19 in Universal Fit
peskypesky
Posted · 10627 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: excellent clarity and separation

Cons: bass a little weak, treble a bit harsh, but can be eq-ed

At first I was not overly impressed with these Etymotics. They did not blow me away and I didn't think they were that much better than your regular old standard-issue $30 earbuds.

But tonight, I decided to pull them out and give them another shot, this time using a CMOY headphone amp and also some eq-ing to pump up the bass and roll of the highs.

And boy was i surprised at how good they sounded! I mean, wow! Super clear highs and mids, and a much more robust bass than I heard before. I don't know all the fancy lingo and terminology, but I do know that I was having a great time listening to music with these Etymotics.

Do they sound as good as full-size headphones? No. They're not quite as good as my Grado SR80s or Shure SRH440s....BUT for earbuds, they are pretty darn good. Tomorrow i will try them out in the city with my ipod. i'm curious to see how well they block out external sounds, and also how well the ipod can drive them.

1 Comment:

I just need to know whether or not these are "out-of-the-box" capable with an ipod!