Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Etymotic Research ER6i Isolator In-Ear Earphones (White) › Etymotic Research ER6i Isolator In-Ear Earphones (White) Reviews

Etymotic Research ER6i Isolator In-Ear Earphones (White) Reviews

BBBS

Great first real earphones

Pros: Great sound

Cons: Been surpassed

These were my first real earphones, and I bought them entirely because they'd been spreading like a plague on a forum I used. Upon first hearing them I was disappointed, but over time they grew on me, and until upgrading to the ER4, they were a firm favourite. Some of my friends couldn't get the fuss, nor understand why anybody would spend a hundred bucks on iPod earphones, but then again they were and are still listening to fake Sonys off eBay with the bass turned to 11.   The bass on these isn't room shaking, but it is present and accurate. If you want massive bass, then there's plenty of multi armature or on-ear options, but to be frank, massive bass is felt as much as it is...
aleibo39

Great Commuter IEM

Pros: Price, Fit, Sound

Cons: I found better, more expensive IEM's

I owned these for years; and they, along with a JDS labs CMOY amp and my iPod, were my daily commute set-up.  They offered everything I wanted in a portable rig; great fit, excellent noise reduction, superb and natural sound.  I liked the small size, and the fact that they were barely noticeable when worn correctly.  I replaced them after a few years with a pair of Shures that sounded even better; but cost 3x as much.
testicon

Decent ipod headphone

Pros: Excellent isolation. Ive used these for shooting earplugs.

Cons: Could be uncomfortable for some. Bass heavy.

Theres not a ton to say. They work pretty good, isolate ~30 dB if i recall and if you have the proper tips to fit your ears, youll be able to wear them for hours, which is good if youre using them like I was, running a floor grinding machine for 16 hours a day. Just clean them once in a while, or they'll start to look like candles.