Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Dedicated Source Components › DACs › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC

Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC

Rated #61 in DACs
Cons:
“remote”

Pros: size, build and sound quality

Cons: remote

I recently purchased the stealth dc-1 as an all around solution to my akg k702 annies and emotiva stealth 8 speakers after my desk was getting cluttered with equipment. This device has cleaned my desk up tremendously without sacrificing anything. My main concern when buying the dc-1 was how it would do with my k702s but it powers them perfectly. I came from the o2+odac and the only thing I noticed was the slight bass increase which is fine with me since I'm mainly using them to play games like bf4. One thing I will add is that I have had amazing support from Emotiva as a company. I bought this shortly before the sale started and they were happy to refund me the 200$ it dropped. For 500$, this thing is a steal. My main gripe with the entire system is the remote. Although its completely solid metal, when adjusting the volume, one click only changes the volume .25 and and you have to hold it down for a good second then it changes around 2.00 very quickly. I wish it was more leveled out. I'm either changing the volume very slowly or very fast. Other than that, I find the dc-1 to be an amazing buy.

No member lists contain this item yet.
Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC

Now, reference-quality performance is available at a price that won't break your budget. Emotiva Pro's all-new Stealth DC-1 provides an accurate, transparent window on your work, coupled with exceptional convenience features that make it the ideal preamp and control center for your analog and digital workflow. The Stealth DC-1 uses dual independent AD1955 differential D/A converters, each operated in their highest quality internal differential monaural mode, for the lowest possible noise and distortion, followed by professional-grade LM4562 op-amps in the analog section for maximum fidelity. An advanced switchable asynchronous sample rate converter (ASRC) re-clocks the data at the same sample rate as the incoming signal, to dramatically reduce jitter. You'll hear what your source really sounds like. Built on high-quality 4-layer FR4 PC boards, using the highest quality parts, including an oversized toroidal power supply with multiple stages of linear regulation, the Stealth DC-1 offers measured and sonic performance that exceeds DACs costing several times more. The Emotiva Pro Stealth DC-1 gives you a full range of pro-grade inputs, including galvanically isolated AES/EBU (XLR), Toslink (optical), Coax S/PDIF (RCA), and BNC S/PDIF digital inputs, and a high performance asynchronous USB input. All digital inputs support the complete range of sample rates and bit depths, from 16/44.1 to 24/192, including 24/88 and 24/176.4. The Stealth DC-1 also has one stereo line level analog input; perfect for connecting an external analog line-level source. As a reference-quality DAC, the DC-1 includes full balanced differential XLR outputs, as well as RCA single-ended outputs. As you'd expect, the XLR outputs are +6dB relative to the single-ended outputs, for full compatibility with your other professional equipment.

BindingElectronics
BrandEmotiva
ColorBlack
EAN0616932927843
FeatureLeading Technology and High-Quality Construction Full Preamp and Headphone Amp Functionality Advanced Display and Convenience Features 95 dB @ all sample rates; 16 bit word length | 115 dB @ all sample rates; 24 bit word length 115 VAC or 230 VAC; manually switched
LabelEmotiva