Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › EarSonics SM3 v2 universal in-ear monitors › EarSonics SM3 v2 universal in-ear monitors Reviews

EarSonics SM3 v2 universal in-ear monitors Reviews

svyr

Why couldn't SM3v1 be like this?Why can't earsonics fix the cable once and for all? Will you necessarily like the sound?

Pros: More ergonomic shell, still the same sound, replaceable cable. Very easy to drive

Cons: short y-split to earpiece length. Memory wire vshort (5-6cm?). Isolation (?) slightly less than with V1.not sure the sound is for everyone(see review)

http://www.earsonics.com/SM3%20engl.htm v2 page. Aside from the cable and new body, my impressions match what I had in my v1 review. http://www.head-fi.org/products/earsonics-sm3-universal-fit-iem/reviews/4422 Otherwise, these sound about the same as v1/the new ear-piece body shape is a lot more ergonomic(seems to be a bit smaller as well, but not as easy to get a good seal... At the same time, I'd rather that, then the huge rectangular shape of V1 tearing my ear up)... Earsonics also decided it's a bright idea to mark r-l in the same black color on the shell. So you have to squint at the earpiece, or look at the underside of the cable plug to see whether the dot is red or blue. Now...
leadbythemelody

Special earphones

Pros: Heavenly midrange, sparkly highs, well-rounded bass, exceptional soundstage, Vocals are sublime, These were made for the cello, Detachable cable

Cons: Bass is muddy at times, bass-transients are not the best, not for fast paced-music, Housing falls apart so easily (happened to me and many others)

These earphones possess a truly unique midrange. They make some instruments (such as the cello) sound better than they actually are. Vocals sound rich and warm with incredible body. These may not win in the "most-detailed" or "most-neutral" earphones/headphones category, but they sure do win in the "best-midrange" one. I am hard-pressed to find any headphone that produces a smoother midrange than the SM3's. I previously owned an LCD-2 Rev. 2 who's midrange was very liquidy and detailed; but they were still not as fluid as the SM3's midrange. These are truly special earphones with a special sound.
Techno Kid

One of the best

Pros: SQ, 3D imaging, cohesive soundstage, isolation

Cons: fit could be bad for people with small ears

Specs,   Driver - 3 drivers (3 way crossover) Frequency response: 20 Hz -18 kHz Impedance: 34 ohms Sensitivity: 122 dB/mW   Accessories,   wipes, tool, soft bag, proprietary 2 pairs or silicon tips, 2 pairs of comply tips   Build Quality / Fit   The build quality I'm guessing is much better than the first version of the SM3 because I've read they had quite a few problems with them braking but I don't see much trouble with the newer version the SM3 V2.  The housing which was one of the problem areas before feels like its make of good plastics and all the seems fit perfectly.  Now there's a removable cable and its just...
go0gle

Great so far

Pros: Great isolation, tight bass, good seperation

Cons: Can be too dark at times

I've been using them for over 6 months and I am very happy. I love the isolation.. I cycle/run with them, and they've been great.