Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM Reviews

EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM Reviews

Golden Monkey

Love them!

Pros: Soundstage, deep bass, lush mids, smooth highs, comfort

Cons: hmmm...they are IEMs and not HD650's? Stock tips are just WRONG.

What's not to love about these?  Ok ok...they're French.  Fine.    There's not a whole lot I can add to what has come before, but... These very much remind me of my HD650's, minus the openness of presentation.  I don't find them muddy or congested, just a tad on the warmer/darker side of things, which I love.  Ample and suprisingly visceral bass isn't something I was expecting from a 3xBA, but it's there in spades.  Midrange to my ears is slightly accentuated but in a pleasing way.  Highs are clean and slightly rolled off.  Lovers of Sennheiser's house sound should love these.  AKG fans, not so much. These are the polar...
Sil3nce

Sm3 Heaven

I was a bit reluctant at first to even think a pair of universal iems could trounce my customs but believe me, this probably is the best universal i ever heard. i listened to it for only 3 hours but fell in love at once. the only complaint i could possibly have is the build quality and the fact many posters have reported breakage. but it's really no big deal and you'll have it fixed promptly once sent to the website.
Old_Snake

My review of SM3

Pros: Sound is detailed and smooth. It has perfect amount of bass. It's comfortable to wear on the ears.

Cons: The part of the cable where it splits into Y is short and gives you the feeling of getting choked. Cables aren't replaceable.

Sound is detailed and smooth. It has perfect amount of bass. It's comfortable to wear on the ears.   The part of the cable where it splits into Y is short and gives you the feeling of getting choked. Cables aren't replaceable.
LRY32

SM3 = GREAT!

Pros: soundstage, portablility, drivability, braided cables

my choice of music is mainly melodic metalcore and hardstyle, and hell was i ever attuned to the boomy kind of earphones (i was ready to put my wallet out for a pair of IE8s)   so far i got it only 3 weeks ago and upon taking it out, it sounded (IMO) lacking in bass and a little tinny. but within the 2nd week, it really did CLICK for me as mentioned by a fellow head fier - it sounds so downright immersive, with the studio like recording soundstage, as i you are jamming with the band; as if you could feel their presence. now when i have understood (or would people usually say, brain break in,) i loved my SM3s.    no more crying babies for it...