Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM › Reviews › Techno Kid's Review

One of the best

A Review On: EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM

EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM

Rated # 3 in Universal Fit
Amazon.com
Techno Kid

Pros: SQ, 3D imaging, cohesive soundstage, isolation

Cons: fit could be bad for people with small ears

I'm not going to go into a long review on here (thats for my blog) but I have to say the SM3 V2 (which is the same thing but with a better housing and removable cable) is easily one of the best universals you can get.  From the punch bass, crisp yet never harsh highs, those wonderful forward detailed mids to the above average soundstage and the amazing 3D imaging there's nothing I can find wrong about how they sound.  I love the warm smooth mids that have as much detail in them as an IEM I've heard, even as much as the very resolving Heir 3.Ai.  The one thing that may be a problem for some would be the new housing on the V2 because it is quite large and it just fits on the inside of my ears which aren't small but other than that the new build on them is great.  The removable cable is a big plus and is the same as the UE and Westone cables so after market cable will be no problem at all.

All in all these are a fantastic IEM and I'd recommend them to anyone wanting a warm detailed IEM with great imaging.

Nice review, might be an idea to put a link to your blog (if thats allowed) so we can read the rest of it! Tempted by these for something different as my back up pair of westone 3's went through the wash :(
Cheers
I haven't put the review of them up on my blog yet but if you want to checkout some of my other reviews here's the address,
iemsound.blogspot.com
Its just a little blog where I do some review of IEM's I've have or had, nothing special just something fun to do.