Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM › Reviews › Benjerry's Review

Best sounding universals I own

A Review On: EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM

EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM

Rated # 3 in Universal Fit
Amazon.com
Benjerry
Posted · 29 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Superb SQ & Isolation (Captivating sound quality), Marvelous mids, most realistic piano keystrokes I have heard

Cons: Needs to adjust nozzle angle to get more impactful bass, uncomfortable fit, SM3 Version 1 looks better

Best sounding iems- SM3 deserves it's top tier status; they easily beat lesser iems and even sound more impressive than other top tiers I own. (I was blown away on first A/B attempt with my ie8; they make the IE8 sound boring)

They performed admirably in all genres of music, however I prefer my ie8's soundstage presentation a bit more. Nevertheless, I was so impressed by the sound quality these that I bought them as an upgrade to my IE8. (was demo-ing westone 4, Ortofon e-Q5 at the same time against my IE8)

However, they are slightly uncomfortable for to wear over the ears and the short Y connector hugs your neck. Can be painful and annoying to wear for prolonged listening

Btw please check out my review of the JVC (Japan Victor Company) HA FX700, Sennheiser IE8.

1 Comment:

do you have version 1 or 2?