Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › EarSonics SM2 v2 › EarSonics SM2 v2 Reviews

EarSonics SM2 v2 Reviews

10shot9miss

Sounds awesone, poorly built

Pros: Bass, sound quality

Cons: build quality

The sound is one of a kind for BA, bass heavy sound signature. These are some of the bassiest BA you can find, with good instrument separation and soundstage. IMO really good for metal music, vocals are a bit far, v shape frequency responds.   Build quality for the earphone body is just fine, but cable and tips have lots of flaws.   Update: these phones sounds so much better after removing the filter, the highs are brigher. mids are not as recessed.
Gilly87

Not incredible, but a good all-rounder with very few faults.

Pros: Tonal balance, well rounded presentation, smooth but detailed sound

Cons: Build quality, slightly loose bass, nothing really stands out; no available mic cable for Westone style pins, weird sproing sound

I grabbed these as a lightly used demo unit for sale on Amazon. Total steal for $110, but I would've paid $150 for them.   I was looking for an upgrade to my SE215, and these are it. The bass is tighter and has better control, the midrange and treble are more detailed, and it doesn't get over-warm like the SE215. I actually prefer it to the SM3 personally; while its a hair behind in detail and the bass isn't quite as satisfyingly tight, it's about 95% the same sound, and doesn't get overly intimate or "weird" sounding like the SM3 did; I swear I spent so much time switching the cables around on my SM3, reading up on polarity, etc. because it just sounded WEIRD! Something about...