Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Dunu DN-17 Crater › Dunu DN-17 Crater Reviews

Dunu DN-17 Crater Reviews

Gatepc

DUNU DN-17 Crater Review

Pros: Strong Center Image, Good instrument placement,

Cons: Bad Upper Mids, Lack of Upper Frequency Extension

Review of DUNU DN-17 Crater A Little Information I would like to thank DUNU for being extremely generous and sending me yet more gear for review! It was a bit of a surprise to receive these headphones, as I was not aware of entering any contest or anything of that sort and was not expecting them. However I do of course welcome new gear for testing, so it was a lovely surprise to see these at my door. For this review I will be using the DUNU DN-17’s with my Burson 160 Headphone amp paired with a Music Streamer II+ as well as testing on my 2010 MacBook Pro. I feel that testing these headphones out of the desktop setup will enable me to squeeze every ounce of pleasure out of these...
bowei006

Good build and accessories, but lacking in the sound dept

Pros: Bassy, detailed, and airy

Cons: Extremely harsh and analytical to almost everything

Build  Quality: The build quality of the Dunu DN-17’s are very good for the most part. The driver casing is metal and reflective. IT does not feel cheap. The driver tip is also of high quality. No problems with the mesh or surrounding parts. However, the opening of the “port tube” that opens up into the rear of the IEM has some problems. Some material from within the driver was coming out (a few strands). The port itself also isn’t super finely shapped, but that is something that really matters to the perfectionists themselves. However the DN-17 is too durable with too much metal. It drops fast and even with weeks of using them, placing them on the table as one normally would,...