Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Dr. Dre Premium Headphones Beats Studio (Black) › Reviews › FenderBender's Review

Good for office not as good for pure enjoyment.

A Review On: Dr. Dre Premium Headphones Beats Studio (Black)

Dr. Dre Premium Headphones Beats Studio (Black)

Amazon.com
FenderBender
Posted · 2885 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Comfort, noice cancel, detachable cable, remote

Cons: price, warm to wear long periods, batteries for operation.

First of all I have to begin with that I'm pretty happy with them.

Got them to get decent sound when working in an open landscape environment.

I would never spend 300$, got them for almost half that price when monster had some factory refurbished for sale. That was a good deal since the felt and looked brand new. Maybe its just their way to do some price diversification!?

What I like : Nice canceling is great in an office environment. The detachable cable in both ends is great too. Many times it has saved the equipment and first cable was a bit loose so I complained and got another one. This way you can get away cheeper if you mess up or get a broken cable like me. When talking about cables the one with microphone and remote is an awesome combo with MacBook. I did not even think about it but when I plug it in I can use the microphone and also volume and skip songs. Just that thing is so great because you can go from listening to music to do a Skype or Facetime in an instance.

The bad: price unless you get a deal. Sound quality is more in a 100$ range competition but not bad as such. It just could have been better. The biggest upset is that you can not listen if the 2 AAA run out of steam. Why not having a bypass like many others do? Also they tend to get quite warm to wear after 1h or so.

1 Comment: