Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Dedicated Source Components › CD/SACD Players › Denon DVD-3930CI A/V Combination DVD/DVDA/SACD/CD Player with Realta T2 HQV

Denon DVD-3930CI A/V Combination DVD/DVDA/SACD/CD Player with Realta T2 HQV

Rated #2 in CD/SACD Players

Pros: EXCELLENT SOUND

Cons: NONE THAT I CAN THINK OF BUT SOME UNITS FAIL

I purchased this unit to replace my previous 3930 which began acting up; HDMI output began functioning sporadically, then CD functions began failing, tracking and other audio noises.  I had replaced it with an Oppo 95 which I found to be bass shy.  I want all my low frequencies, so I found a brand new unit on Ebay for $400 +15 ship.  My previous unit was a refurb which lasted almost 2 years before trouble set in.

That one was $400 also, so either I am lucking out with great deals on players, or paying the cost of replacing something acquired at a bargain.  Depends on how you wish to look at it.  Original list was $1500.

There is no contest.  The Denon is the machine I use when I put on the cans, the Oppo is for watching movies.  I occasionally use the Oppo for SACD 5 channel output with the speakers, but for phones the Denon is the one I prefer.  All the bass is there, not like the Oppo which has diminished output below probably somewhere around 100 Hz.  I am guessing here, have no way to measure.

The 3930 is simpler to set up, just run a cable from it's stereo SPDI/F to your amp.  With the Oppo you have to navigate submenus to get the right output for phones, although the way to decouple it from Pure
Direct is sometimes confusing.  Have to memorize this stuff.

If I am lucky, I will have a machine I am happy with for a long time.  If not, I will probably have to start saving up for something that costs a lot more, or else get lucky again with something new and affordable.

Pros: Fantastic audio quality, SACD, DVD-A and HDCD support

Cons: laser issues

At current prices, this has to be one of the best values right now. Truly great universal player.

Denon DVD-3930CI A/V Combination DVD/DVDA/SACD/CD Player with Realta T2 HQV
By:

The DVD-3930CI DVD player has many of the same features and processing offered in Denon’s flagship series players.  The back panel is fully loaded with all the connections most installers and home audio/video enthusiasts need to connect to a high-end audio/video system.  Component connections are offered in the standard RCA type connection and in the more commercial BNC type connection.  The HDMI output now supports resolutions up to 1080p for compatibility with current HD displays.  In addition, the DVD-3930CI offers all video outputs live, for multiple connection/zone configurations.  Add to this the multiple video and audio adjustments provided using the included fully backlit remote, and you have a player that you can calibrate precisely and easily operate in either daylight or theater light conditions.

BindingElectronics
Product GroupCE
Product Type NameAUDIO_OR_VIDEO
PublisherDenon
StudioDenon
TitleDenon DVD-3930CI A/V Combination DVD/DVDA/SACD/CD Player with Realta T2 HQV
UPC081757506953