Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Denon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphones › Denon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphones Reviews

Denon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphones Reviews

Showing 5 4-star reviews (see all 11 reviews)

roker

Taking the Easy Road is the Best Road

Pros: Nice hard-hitting bass, the kind that'd make anyone smile. It scales with better amps/dacs

Cons: Finding the right amp is stab in the dark.

Plenty of times we try to cut corners and enter the realm only the rich or lucky get into. No one takes the easy road, the results are usually frivolous and shallow ... except in this case! You see, for the low price of these headphones, you finally get a taste of true audio extravagance. The Denon AH-D2000s are some of the most refined headphones I've ever come across that don't cost an arm and a leg. There's something about the sound and build that just screams quality. It doesn't matter what you're playing either. It can easily be enjoyable playing hip-hop and electronic as it is playing rock and jazz. I'm kind of a late bloomer when it comes to these headphones. I only heard...
NA Blur

Best for Under $900

Pros: Excellent Sound, Awesome Build Quality, Fun

Cons: Hard to improve upon

I have been looking for a headphone that mates well with my Grace m903 which tends to sound a tad bright. My HD-650's just did not cut it. I tried a pile of expensive headphones and the only one that I thought sounded amazing was a pair of LCD-2's. Being outside of my price range I searched for something as close to that sound as possible. After listening to many headphones I settled on the AHD-2000 for two main reasons:   1.) An employee at headroom has two pairs of them. One for work and one for home.   2.) The AHD-2000 sounded as close to the LCD-2 as any other headphone.   Once I received them and plugged them into my m903 I realized what a synergy they...
HeretixAevum

The best sealed headphones I've heard for sure, but ergonomically lacking

Pros: Fantastic sound, Mature aesthetic design, Versatile, Solid build quality, Ideal compromise between open and sealed traits, Modding potential

Cons: Uncomfortable and slightly unwieldy feeling, Isolation is lacking for sealed headphone, Discontinued / Price gauging, Requires care to avoid damage

A sadly rare classic   The Denon D2/5/7000 line of headphones are quite legendary. Many considering them to be some of, if not the, best full sized sealed headphones to be produced. Their discontinuing was, understandably, much mourned with many feeling that there were few truly great sealed headphone options available. I was quite happy with my HFI-2400, but was after the next level in my desktop headphones. I was lucky enough to stumble across some D2000s in the trade forum for $300, and in good as new condition (and in my own country!). I grabbed them and eagerly awaited my arrival of this well renowned headgear.   Hands on Right off the bat, it's quite clear that...
Michael10

Modified AHD2000

Pros: Price and sound

Cons: cord tends to tangle

I used this phones unmodified for about a month and then put Lawton cups and replacement sheepskin pads on them.  I like them better than the Denon 5000 (wooden cups) and the ATH W5000.  Unmodified they were good but modified, I think they are hard to beat.  The Lawton cups are very tough. My don't have any blemishes despite being dropped on the carpeted floor many times. The Denon D5000 do not sound as good to me and are easily scratched.  The ATH W5000 is my most expensive phone and while they are refined, the wood is hard to care for and they are large. Also the wing system of the ATH 5000 (and the other ATH phones that use this system) is very fragile. ...
spacemanps

From m50 to these... what an upgrade

Pros: Comfort, bass, weight

Cons: portability, cord on both sides

Coming from the ATH- m50's, there were a HUGE upgrade. The comfort was a 10 compared to the m50s and the sound quality (granted i am using an e7 and e9 now) is top notch. Sounds amazing. Great bass. The only thing i dont like is that both ears have the wires coming in, where as the m50s only had it on one side.. but being such a small and stupid thing i dont like i still LOVE these headphones. great deal