Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Denon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphones › Denon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphones Reviews

Denon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphones Reviews

Showing 2 3-star reviews (see all 12 reviews)

Br777

Denon AH-D2000

Pros: Superb sonic capabilities, comfort, build quality

Cons: without an eq, they are too imbalanced

I have owned these cans for a few months I am reviewing them in the context of them being a 200-300 can.  so im not comparing them to HD800's or Beyer T1 b/c they are not in that league and are not expected to be.   I am an ametuer reviewer, so please keep that in mind   I should be clear when i say  actually like these cans, because much of my review may sound to the contrary   In brief - these cans are laid back and smoothe. quite imbalanced without an EQ but capable of great things with a little patience and an EQ   In fact i will say that for the money these are some of the better cans you can get  Sure there are lots of other cans in the $200-$300 price range that...
TWerk

Versatile All-Rounder With Sub Bass

Pros: Sub-bass, Good Soundstage, Sounds good un-amped, Fun With EDM, Price/Perf Ratio.

Cons: Long cord, Stock pads aren't great, Sharp treble, Leakage

For the low price point that these now sell at, it's hard to find a much better choice. Its sub bass is powerful and it adds a very fun bottom end to EDM music. Good sub bass is hard to find in a headphone, but the D2000 excels in this area.   In addition, they present music in a large but natural soundstage.   They are detailed and perform well un-amped! If you do not have a separate DAC/AMP unit, these still sound great. I love playing them straight out of my macbook, with itunes or watching youtube with them, although I own equipment I can use to make them even better.    One nice upgrade is the Alpha pads, they bring comfort to a maximum, improve the...