Versatile All-Rounder With Sub Bass

Rated # 91 in Headphones
Amazon.com
TWerk
Posted · Updated · 27085 Views · 5 Comments

Pros: Sub-bass, Good Soundstage, Sounds good un-amped, Fun With EDM, Price/Perf Ratio.

Cons: Long cord, Stock pads aren't great, Sharp treble, Leakage

For the low price point that these now sell at, it's hard to find a much better choice. Its sub bass is powerful and it adds a very fun bottom end to EDM music. Good sub bass is hard to find in a headphone, but the D2000 excels in this area.

In addition, they present music in a large but natural soundstage.

They are detailed and perform well un-amped! If you do not have a separate DAC/AMP unit, these still sound good. I enjoy playing them straight out of my macbook, with itunes or watching youtube with them, although I own equipment I can use to make them better.

One nice upgrade is the Alpha pads, they bring comfort to a maximum, improve the soundstage, and overall just work very well with the D2000.

A few cons. The cord is rather long and annoying. The highs are can be harsh at louder volumes.

If you listen at low-medium levels, they should not become too problematic unless you are particularly sensitive to treble.

Again, my review probably doesn't add much to the available reviews, but I have to say these are nice headphones for the price.

And there are new Denon's who's don't become as loved as the first AH-D Series. Why?
Because these are so good!
agree'd, such a Shame Denon stopped making these :/
I like how Twerk and Mshenay slightly hop around your question Marc...and I gotta agree with these guys, they are still awesome. I gotta get me hands on one of these again.
I actually never tried the new ones, so I can't personally comment on the lack of love for them.