Versatile All-Rounder With Superb Sub Bass

Denon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphones

Rated # 76 in Headphones
TWerk
Posted · Updated · 8753 Views · 5 Comments

Pros: Sub-bass, Good Soundstage, Sounds great un-amped, Fun With EDM, Price.

Cons: Long cord, Stock pads aren't great, Sharp treble. Leakage

I love my D2000! For the 300 dollar price point that these sell at, it's hard to find a better choice. Their sub bass is powerful and it adds a very fun bottom end to EDM music. Good bass is very hard to find in a headphone, but the D2000 really excels in this area.

In addition, they present music in a large but natural soundstage.

They are detailed and perform exceptionally well un-amped! This is a crucial point! If you do not have a separate DAC/AMP unit, these still sound great. I love playing them straight out of my macbook, with itunes or watching youtube with them, although I own equipment I can use to make them even better.

One nice upgrade is the Alpha pads, they bring comfort to a maximum, improve the soundstage, and overall just work very well with the D2000.

A few cons. The cord is rather long and annoying. The highs are can be harsh at louder volumes. If you listen at low-medium levels, they should not become TOO problematic unless you are particularly sensitive to treble.

Again, my review probably doesn't add much to the available reviews, but I have to say these are great headphones for the price that very well deserve the praise that they get here on Head-fi.

And there are new Denon's who's don't become as loved as the first AH-D Series. Why?
Because these are so good!
agree'd, such a Shame Denon stopped making these :/
I like how Twerk and Mshenay slightly hop around your question Marc...and I gotta agree with these guys, they are still awesome. I gotta get me hands on one of these again.
I actually never tried the new ones, so I can't personally comment on the lack of love for them.