Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Denon AH-D7000 - Headphones › Reviews › jbarr1989's Review

Great sounding headphone

A Review On: Denon AH-D7000 - Headphones

Denon AH-D7000 - Headphones

jbarr1989

Pros: Great bass, Great treble, Beautiful look

Cons: Recessed Mids, non-detachable cable, storage case, price

Really good sounding headphone with incredible bass.  I owned these for about six months.  They sound powerful for lack of a better word.  Definitely a V-shaped sound signature.  The bass can be a bit much sometimes, a bit sloppy, but I usually find it quite enjoyable.  Just a really fun headphone to listen to.  That being said I don't feel that they quite compare to some of the other $1000 offerings from competitors (in terms of overall sound quality) or really outperform less expensive models by that much (Pro900, He-400, dt990 for example).  I also didn't care for the headband, the earcups always slid when I didn't want them to and I've read a few stories of the cups falling off at the hinge, which I don't find hard to believe since it's attached by one small screw.  Overall I enjoyed these, but I do prefer a "colored" sound signature.  These certainly aren't neutral, but a very fun listen.

Comments: