Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Denon AH-D1100 › Reviews › adam1pplayer's Review

The best home and flight HPs for the price!

A Review On: Denon AH-D1100

Denon AH-D1100

Amazon.com
adam1pplayer

Pros: +++Exellent soundstage! ++great highs +Heavy and fully bass ++Pretty detailed +++Extremely comfortable and light! ++Great isolation +flexible build

Cons: -Recessed midrange (Can be Equalized) -Bass can be muddy --Ugly, cracking arms --Two sided, non-changeable, weak cables

I've own these headphones for about year and a half now. I've been listening with them about 80 hours in the car/bus, 15 hours in airplanes and 150 hours at home on my computer.
This is just a short review of my experiences with the D1100s.

love this portable, the bass is OMG...rumbling.
bass could be more controlled, just take off the 4screws, add some blue tag around the inner perimeter of the cup...spray some silicon anti stain spray to silent the squeaky joints..and u have a winner.
I also had this - the SQ is nice. I loved them for movies and videos with their hollow soundstage. Although the midbass is overpowering, it does not frequently drowns the midrange. Best bang-of-buck if you below $200.