Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Computer Audio › Computer Speakers › Creative Labs GigaWorks T20 Series II 2.0 Multimedia Speaker System with BasXPort Technology › Creative Labs GigaWorks T20 Series II 2.0 Multimedia Speaker System with BasXPort Technology Reviews

Brooko

Good for the price - but not 'giant killers'

Pros: Good size, nice design, good mids and highs, very good clarity

Cons: Bass not as extended as I'd hoped.

I purchased these after a lot of research.  The kids speakers (on a second PC) went belly-up, so I gave them my Logitech 2.1 set - and ordered the T20-S2 mainly for the smaller footprint (no sub), and also for the increased clarity.   BTW - the price above was NZD converted to USD at the time of purchase.  Audio in NZ is normally relatively expensive compared the the rest of the world.   Specifications From the manufacturer - the technical   Speaker power: 14 Watts RMS per channel (2 channels) Frequency response: 50Hz ~ 20kHz Dimensions (WxLXH) 8.8cm x 14.3cm x 23.0cm   And the marketing blurb High-end, two-piece speaker system...
eriktheg

T20 Series 2 Speakers

Mids are somewhat receded left speaker is a little quieter but its okay.. The Bass is enough to shake the entire desk and shakes the floor a little too at about 60% volume (also the part where it starts distorting if you don't turn down the bass knob)   *edit`: I just figured out why the left is quieter than the right.. yet more precise. It is because the right has echo inside the speaker and needs more damping due to the different materials inside of it. The left needs just a little damping at the bottom, the right speaker needs damping around the electronic hardware chip and probably a little on the sides.   If I need to, I will fully review this product. Or just...
cutecob

Very nice for the money

Pros: smooth sound, compact size

Cons: not much bass

I got these to replace a pair of Klipsch Pro Media Ultra 2.0 which I gave to my 79 year old father in law. The Klipsch had better highs and a brighter overall sound which he could hear better. I like these because they have a nice smooth sound given the silk dome tweeter and for $100 I really can't complain. I suspect the M Audio series is better at their new lower price point but these are more compact.