Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 › Reviews › drockmalone's Review

best dual balanced Armature mid tier iem for the money.

A Review On: Creative Aurvana In-Ear3

Creative Aurvana In-Ear3

Rated # 153 in Universal Fit

Pros: the smoothest mids, punchy bass, smooth treble. amazing price!

Cons: not much Sub bass. plug is straight instead of L shape.

I recently broke down bought the creative aurvana 3 iems from micro center for $87 after tax. If you love the sound of a smooth mid centric iem with neutral bass and non fatigue on the highs, these are the best deal I have come across. I have always been a mids lover but now I'm really a mids head. I have had experience with many dual armature iems I own Both the sony xba2 and the ue700. To my ears the tuning of the aurvana 3 Is what I really am amazed by. It's like they dialed in all the best frequencys , at least to my ears they are perfect. After you hit 17k with These there is a huge drop of to eliminate any harsh treble . Smooth as butter mids with a perfect punch in and out of the mix with enough highs to be perfectly happy and not fatigued.

thanks for the heads-up, sounds like what a fren of mine would like..
( whose AKG321 just died. )
Just wanted to agree with this review.  I am very happy with my Aurvana IE3 set.  Amazon still has these available (I think Creative might have stopped making them) for around $80 and they are a real bargain at that price.  One caution to anyone buying these is to give them time to burn-in a bit and play around with the included ear tips or better yet get some Sony Hybrid ear tips.  To really get a sense of the true sound this earphones are capable of producing you need to get a really good seal and ideally a moderately deep insertion.  If you don't have that these earphones can sound very thin and utterly unimpressive.
I agree with your review. It have a very laid back sound signature. If you like sennheiser's mid centric sound, you will definitely love the in ear3. I just wish the cable were a bit thicker and slightly more sub bass and soundstage. The mid on those earphones are on par or better than the much more expensive shure se425 or the westone um2 or 3.