Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Computer Audio › Sound Cards › Creative 70SB150000000 Sound Card › Reviews › killeraxemannic's Review

Fantastic sound card. Brought my headphones alive and the software interface is great!

A Review On: Creative 70SB150000000 Sound Card

Creative 70SB150000000 Sound Card

Rated # 7 in Sound Cards
Quality
killeraxemannic

Pros: Great sound, Excelent gaming and music performance, great software

Cons: Plugs on the back are poorly labeled. You need the manual to know what's what. No option for a front CD drive panel.

I got this sound card to replace my Asus Xonar DG which died on me. The difference in sound quality between this card and the Asus is quite noticeable. Much more clarity and crispness in the high end. Bass seems punchier and more detailed. Power output seems like it is much better as well as I don't have to turn my headphones up as much as before.

The software that comes with it is great. I love the ability to switch between speakers and headphones with the click of a button. No unplugging. I am also a avid PC gamer and the scout mode for video games really does what it says. It does a great job at making game sounds more defined and pulling in footsteps and enemy gunfire from farther away. The software does have a few features that should be avoided like Bass enhancement and crystalizer.... They just ruin the sound of a good pair of headphones.

Overall I am highly impressed with this sound card and I can say it is light years ahead of the Xonar DG I had before and much much better than the Creative XtremeMusic I replaced with the Asus card.

Install was easy on windows 7 and just as easy when I upgraded to windows 8 and did a clean install. No bugs, no crashes no driver issues.

Creative hit a home run with this one!!!!

Comments: